Friday, March 5, 2010

Walking in Memphis

Hey guys.

Back in January, renowned sports photographer and Andy Roddick's photographer, Ron Angle offered me a one week long internship at the Regions Morgan-Keegan Tennis Championships/Cellular South Cup in Memphis, TN. I've known Ron for a couple of years and have heard a lot about what he does each week when he travels the globe photographing tennis, but never have I really understood what all goes on. That week back in February gave me an idea of what it was like. It was hands down one of the coolest things I've ever done. I couldn't possibly describe everything.

I got to shoot almost every match that week, both men and women, right from the side of the court. I had the opportunity to meet other professional photographers, the ATP and WTA website directors, and many more interesting people. 

I shot almost everything with my Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS or my Canon 135 f2 L lenses and my 50D. (You'll get tired of me talking about that 135L at some point, I promise!)

I took close to ten thousand pictures. I've spent the last two weeks narrowing it down to just a handful of my favorites to put in a gallery to show on my website. It's taken a lot of time. I  have a lot of respect for Ron and all other sports photographers who shoot so many pictures each day and can narrow it down to just a few quickly after a match for a website or article. It's hard work....

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Ron again for everything he did for me that week. It was amazing.
I'd also like to thank my secretary mother for helping me plan the trip and make it happen. 

Here's a link to the gallery. Hope you guys enjoy it. Hit me up in the comments if you have any questions or comments about it.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment